Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

problem with dss_reorder

okamenik
Beginner

Dear all,

The attached example tries to call dss_reorder for 29x29 symmetric matrix. The call to dss_reorder never ends. I have no idea what is wrong. The matrix is symmetric, having zeros in the right lower block as it comes from saddle problem. I wanted to attach a shell script compiling the attached example, but this chat does not like its extension, so here is the way how I compiled it:

MKLROOT=/opt/intel/mkl

MKLPATHINC=$MKLROOT/include
MKLPATHLIB=$MKLROOT/lib/intel64
COMPOSERLIB=/opt/intel/composerxe/lib/intel64

LD_FLAGS="-Wl,--start-group $MKLPATHLIB/libmkl_intel_lp64.a $MKLPATHLIB/libmkl_intel_thread.a $MKLPATHLIB/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group $COMPOSERLIB/libiomp5.a -lpthread -lstdc++ -lm"

c++ -g test_mkl_dss.cpp -o test_mkl_dss -I${MKLPATHINC} $LD_FLAGS

Info about my system:

MKL:

major:     10
minor:     3
update:    4
build:     20110421
processor: Intel(R) Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel(R) AVX) Enabled Processor

System:

Linux sul.localdomain 3.6.2-1.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 17 05:30:01 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Compiler gcc:

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/usr/bin/gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.6.3/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-linker-build-id --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada,go,lto --enable-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-ppl --with-cloog --with-tune=generic --with-arch_32=i686 --build=x86_64-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.6.3 20120306 (Red Hat 4.6.3-2) (GCC)

Many thanks for your help

Ondra Kamenik

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
the problem is reproduced. we will check the reason and let you know the update.
0 Kudos
okamenik
Beginner
Dear all, I put zeros to the diagonal and dss_reorder works including other steps of the solution (factorize and backsolve). See the attached example code which also checks a residual of the solution. It would be very useful to either change pardisso so that it can swallow matrices like mine, or clearly document the matrix requirements. Thanks. Ondra K.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello Ondra,

This issue has been fixed in MKL v.11.0 update 2 released yesterday.

You can download this update from intel registration center and check the problem on your side.

--Gennady

0 Kudos