Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

problem with using scalapack

fujia
Beginner
I want to use scalapack to solve a dense linear equation. I downloaded the example in the official website: http://www.netlib.org/scalapack/scalapack_home.htmlandlinked the dynamic library. When the program run to here "CALL PDGESV(N,NRHS,A,IA,JA,DESCA,IPIV,B,IB,JB,DESCB,INFO)", it showed:
:Fatal error in MPI_Reduce:
Invalid MPI_Op, error stack:
MPI_Reduce(1080)............: MPI_Reduce(sbuf=0x7fff4913c160, rbuf=0x7fff4913c150, count=1, dtype=0x4c001013, MPI_MAXLOC, root=0, comm=0xc4000006) failed
MPIR_MAXLOC_check_dtype(217): MPI_Op MPI_MAXLOC operation not defined for this datatype

It was my first time to use scalapakc, I don't know why this error comes, does anyone knows? Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VipinKumar_E_Intel
Could you please mention about your makefile? what libs are you linking with? your inlcude path etc.
0 Kudos
fujia
Beginner
I run the example program in Linux OS.
(1) First, Iset environment variable as:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH, here, "/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t" is the lib path.
(2) Second, I compile my program using the following:mpif90 -o main.exe example.F90 -L/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t -lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread
I don't use makefile. I downloaded the mannul of"Intel Math Kernel Library for Linux OS"(march 2009 Edition) and the mannul doesn't metion how to use makefile.
Sometimes the compiling can success, but sometimes it shows the following information:
main.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_lapack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
When the compiling can success, the error mentioned in the main thread comes. I am a new user of scalapack and Linux, I am completely confused by the error. Please help me, Ihave beenstumbled by it for nearly two weeks.
Thanks a lot.

mpif

0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel
Sorry that this thread was not answered for a few weeks.

Can you please try "setenv" instead of export for the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

--Vipin
0 Kudos