Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6981 Discussions

rum time error in using MKL lapack function call

likehere
Beginner
Hi,
Can anyone please provide some advice on how to deal with a run-time error from a lapack function (used to calculate eigen values). The codes can be compiled but I got the following run-time error:
MKL ERROR: Parameter 5 was incorrect on entry to DSYEV

Some background information:
1. I'm trying to use dsyev_ function for calculating eigenvalue/vectors by doing the following:
dsyev_("V","U", &n, &mat[0][0], &lda, &vec[0], work, &lwork, &info);
2. Environment is Linux and this is my LIB_DIRS:
LIB_DIRS = -L/xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t /xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_solver_ilp 64_sequential.a -Wl,--start-group /xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_intel_ilp64.a /xenv/ICC/X /11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_sequential.a /xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group -lpthread -llapack
I have been struggling with this error for a long time, can someone please let me know what might be causing this?
Any information will be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
It is not possible to tell from the single line of code that you showed whether or not the parameters are correct, and why Parameter 5 is incorrect.

Please show the declarations of the subroutine arguments; in particular, what is the value of lda just before the call?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Vickie,
first of all please try to link witj lp64 libraries. in other words please try link with these
LIB_DIRS = -L/xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t /xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_solver_lp 64_sequential.a -Wl,--start-group /xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_intel_lp64.a /xenv/ICC/X /11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_sequential.a /xenv/ICC/X/11.0_081/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group -lpthread -llapack
and let us know will it works or not..
--Gennady
0 Kudos
yuriisig
Beginner
Vickie,

Thesource code can lead?

=Yurii
0 Kudos