Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

(symmetric) Sparse - Sparse Multiplication

Alemdar__Bulent
Beginner
I am looking for a solution for C = A * B, where A and B are both symmetric sparse matrices (CSR with 3array variation), and the results is also a symmetric sparse matrix (CSR with 3array variation).

I found "mkl_csrmultcsr" but as I understand both A and B must include full storage of data (upper + lower diagonal terms) whereas I have A & B and only upper diagonals stored.

Thanks
Bulent
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Bulent,

I do not see the function for such computation. I can create a feature in the internal database, so our engineer team can check it in the future release.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
Alemdar__Bulent
Beginner
Hi Chao
That would be great if you include it the list of developments.
For a typical finite element application, we usually deal with symmetric matrices which saves us a lot of memory and computation time. In such an application (Eigen sub-space solution), I need to perform matrix multiplication of 2 sym. sparse matrices.

Regards
Bulent

0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Bulent

For this feature request, we have some questions:

"By computing the product of symmetric sparse matrices and getting SYMMETRIC SPARSE result"

In many cases, such a product is non-symmetric, and dense. Does you some mean some specific matrices to be multiplied?

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos