Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

undefined reference linking to vcCISI

bruce_spc
Novice

I am getting attempting to use the Vector Math Library (VML) with gnu tools. I am getting ld error "undefined reference to vcCISI" 

My command line includes "-lmkl_vml_avx512" but that doesn't seem to pick up the function vcCISI.

It appears to me that there are several VML libraries that could be tried:
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 15052480 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_avx2.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 14380648 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_avx512.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 15904088 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_avx.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 7764432 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_cmpt.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 8774896 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_def.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 14640488 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_mc2.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 14648848 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_mc3.so.2*
-rwxr-xr-x 3 root root 14792072 Mar 10 2022 libmkl_vml_mc.so.2*

Can anyone tell me what to do here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please check with the suggestions from the link line advisor which is a tool that suggests what are the required compilling and linking options based on your use-case.

Here is the link to Intel mkl link line advisor

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/onemkl-link-line-advisor.html

Alternately if you want to use Intel compilers (icc/icx/icpx/icpc in linux && icl/icx in windows) you can just use -qmkl (for linux) /Qmkl (for windows) compilation option for quick linking with mkl.

Please get back to us if you still face any issues by providing us the sample reproducer and steps (commands used) to reproduce the issue along with the MKL version being used so that we can have a quick check from our end.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Bruce,

As we haven't heard back from you, could you please provide us with an update regarding this issue? Please get back to us if you have any queries.

Regards,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
VidyalathaB_Intel

Hi Bruce,

As we haven't heard back from you, we are closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regrads,

Vidya.

0 Kudos
bruce_spc
Novice

I actually fixed this issue by including the following in CMakeLists.txt

find_package(MKL CONFIG REQUIRED)

That way all the environment variables and paths are automatically set up within the cmake build process. You no longer have to run setup_vars.sh either, which puts tons of unnecessary stuff into the environment variables (e.g., PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.) and sometimes causes conflicts (e.g., with protoc).

I do however, still have a problem finding the FFTW libraries built under MKL. Anyone who can help me, please see this post 

cannot find -lfftw2xc_single_gnu  

0 Kudos