Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
7062 Discussions

undefined symbol: mkl_blas_dsyrk while using mkl with an abaqus subroutine

LouisScheidt
Novice

Hi,

I have an Abaqus's user subroutine written in Fortran which use some LAPACK and BLAS functions.

To run my computations I have an abaqus environment file where I specify the compiler options among other things and I'm trying to call the lapack and blas libraries provided with mkl.

the problem is that when I try to run my simulation I obtain this error: /usr/local/abaqus/SIMULIA/EstProducts/2022/linux_a64/code/bin/package_dp: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/abaqus/SIMULIA/EstProducts/2022/linux_a64/code/bin/libmkl_intel_lp64.so: undefined symbol: mkl_blas_dsyrk

I'm definitely not an expert on the subject and at the moment my technical support  can't help me so if anyone could I would appreciate thank you.

here's the relevant part of my abaqus environment file:

fortCmd = "ifort" # <-- Fortran compiler

compile_fortran = (fortCmd + " -c -fPIC -I%I -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_lapack95_lp64 -lmkl_blas95_lp64")

link_sl = [fortCmd,
'-fPIC', '-shared','-Wl,--add-needed',
'%E', '-Wl,-soname,%U', '-o', '%U', '%F', '%A', '%L', '%B',
'-Wl,-Bdynamic', '-lmkl_intel_lp64', '-lmkl_lapack95_lp64', '-lmkl_blas95_lp64']

I'm using ifort 18.2 and intel mpi 18.2

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LouisScheidt
Novice

Actually it was an installation problem because I was supposed to use the flag "-mkl" in both the compile_fortran and link_sl variables and that's it, problem fixed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Louis, 

could you check MKL Linker Adviser to see how link against oneMKL.

0 Kudos
LouisScheidt
Novice

Hi, 

thanks for the reply.

I did try the MKL Linker Adviser but it didn't help.

Actually it was an installation issue, I was able to contact the technical support about it and it's fixed thank you.

0 Kudos
LouisScheidt
Novice

Actually it was an installation problem because I was supposed to use the flag "-mkl" in both the compile_fortran and link_sl variables and that's it, problem fixed

0 Kudos