Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

using BLAS level 2 routine

zokagoa
Beginner
Hi,

I'm interested in using the intel fortran mkl library namely in parallel coding but I have some difficulties to use the BLAS level 2 routine (for instance gemv)

I used the following project properties configuration :

1- Properties > Fortran > General > Additional Include Directories:

"mkl_directory>\\include"

2- Properties > Linker > General > Additional Library Directories

"\\em64t\\lib" (I have only ia32 and em64t folders in the mkl

directory on my computer after the intel fortran installation).

3- Properties > Linker > Input > Additional Dependencies:

mkl_intel_lp64.lib mkl_intel_thread_lp64.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib

I also verified that the file 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib' is in the em64t folder in the mkl_directory.

But I have this error message while generating the solution:

Erreur 1: fatal error LNK1181: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier en entre 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib' (translation: impossible to open file 'mkl_intel_lp64.lib')

I think, I may have missed something with my intel fortran configuration in order to use the BLAS level2 routines.

Has someone an idea about how I could handle this ?

Thank you.

Jean-Marie Zokagoa
Ph.D student, Engineering Mechanical
Ecole de Technologie Superieure Montreal
(QC), Canada
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt
It is not certain if the following is the reason for the problem described, but the fix is easy enough to try:

If your MKL installation path has space characters in it, it needs to be enclosed in quotes.
Chao_Y_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Is this a Intel 64 bit application or 32 bit application? If you are building 32 bit application, but link with 64 bit library, it may report the error.

Thanks,
Chao