Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Error Can not find libtbb_debug.so.2

donnyb
Beginner
everytime I try to compile a program with code::blocks it gives me the above error in the console.
I tried running the .sh file to set the paths, but none of that works.
If someone is using ubuntu and code::blocks maybe they could help step by step.
I have done my homework on the bash in the .sh file and understand it, but it is not setting up the paths.
I need someone who can help me one on one with this problem if possible, because if not I am going to have to re-install ubuntu as it is not giving me that error even if I just try and call a pthread.
Thanks,
Donald
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Hi, on Linux OSes instead of executing the tbbvars.sh script, you need to source it. In bash it's done by:
`. /opt/intel/tbb..(path to the appropriate tbbvars.sh script)` (Note the dot and space in the beginning '. ')
donnyb
Beginner
I did source it ine my .bashrc file

source ///.bashrc

unfortunally it does not apply to the whole system and when I try to compile with my code::blocks compiler it can not find the file.
I tried setting the var in the code::Blocks and that did not work either.
I am thinking if I source it in the beggining of the bootup cycle maybe I could get those varablies to apply to the whole operating system, but I am not sure which file to put it in.
It is the code blocks file I am having trouble with.
Thanks for any help in advance thanks.
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Hello, your ~/.bashrc file should contain a line similar to:
source /opt/intel/tbb/3.0/bin/tbbvars.sh
(you also can use '. ' - dot and space instead of 'source')
in this case, when you start a bash session/process tbbvars.sh will get sourced and appropriate environment variables will be set. Is this what you have on your side?