Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Error LINK 2001 using tbb44_20160128oss

花_逸_
Beginner

I use TBB the first time ,with vs2015 on win8 in order to run a C++project called tinycnn(engaged in Artificial Intelligence) . When it's released,it shows"LINK 2001 unresolved external symbol ".How to deal with it?

some   errors:(partly listed)

LINK 2001 unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall tbb::internal::allocate_root_with_context_proxy::free(class tbb::task &)const " (?free@allocate_root_with_context_proxy@internal@tbb@@QBEXAAVtask@3@@Z) tiny_cnn D:\sg\tiny-cnn-master\vc\vc14\main.obj 1

LINK 2001 unresolved external symbol "public: class tbb::task & __thiscall tbb::internal::allocate_root_with_context_proxy::allocate(unsigned int)const " (?allocate@allocate_root_with_context_proxy@internal@tbb@@QBEAAVtask@3@I@Z) tiny_cnn D:\sg\tiny-cnn-master\vc\vc14\main.obj 1

LINK 2001 unresolved external symbol  "public: virtual void __thiscall tbb::task::note_affinity(unsigned short)" (?note_affinity@task@tbb@@UAEXG@Z) tiny_cnn D:\sg\tiny-cnn-master\vc\vc14\main.obj 1

error LINK 1120 12 unresolved external symbols tiny_cnn D:\sg\tiny-cnn-master\vc\vc14\Release\tiny_cnn.exe 1

The source code may be too old . And according to the source code and original configuration on the project,the original author used tbb40_233oss possibly( I can't remember but in a word it's a previous version of tbb).Now I use tbb44_20160128oss.Does it matter these errors?

I'm a new hand in TBB and C++ . Also my English is poor. Thanks for helping me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_P_Intel2

hello, you need to link with tbb.lib

--Vladimir