Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Segmentation fault in task.cpp

vivek_v_rane
Beginner
I'm trying to run a simple multithreaded program on a Linux box and am getting the following error:

(gdb) run GSM267773.txt output_data.txt data_converter_settings.txt 10
Starting program: /mnt/castor/seas_home/v/vrane/clustering/a.out GSM267773.txt output_data.txt data_converter_settings.txt 10
warning: Lowest section in system-supplied DSO at 0xffffe000 is .hash at ffffe0b4
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 4156954320 (LWP 22225)]

Assertion t->prefix().context == t->prefix().next->prefix().context failed on line 1760 of file ../../src/tbb/task.cpp
Detailed description: all the root tasks in list must share the same context

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
[Switching to Thread 4156954320 (LWP 22225)]
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

Has anyone seen this before? The same code runs perfectly on Windows. I'd really appreciate any pointers (I'm totally new to TBB so it's possible that I may be making some fundamental mistake).
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee

Could you please provide more information that would help us to help you? :) In particular,what TBB package do you use? And does your application use the same TBB libraries at runtime that you compiled it with?

0 Kudos
Andrey_Marochko
New Contributor III
The simptoms of the problem suggest that you are trying to give a newer version of TBB binaries to an application compiled with earlier version of TBB. If this is the case, then the problem is the one specific to debug mode on Linux, and can be solved in two ways:

1) Download and use the binaries from the latest development drop of TBB (this backward compatibility problem is fixed there)
2) or recompile the application with the TBB headers corresponding to the version of binaries you use.

0 Kudos
vivek_v_rane
Beginner
I did use the latest version of binaries, but the headers used to compile could possibly be from a different version. I'll check and try again. Thanks for thetip! :)
0 Kudos