Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

TBB build on ia64

sthirumalai
Beginner
Hi,
When i tried building TBB on ia64 system, i was facing an issue with ias assembler. This assembler is not available in the system. So i changed the assembler to "as" instead of "ias" inside the file build/linux.gcc.inc.
Because the "as" assembler is available in my system and "ias" is not available. It is working now and i am able to compile and build the TBB code. Please let me know, if anything is wrong here.

-Thiru

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee

Quoting the original post here for better readability:

Hi, When i tried building TBB on ia64 system, i was facing an issue with ias assembler. This assembler is not available in the system. So i changed the assembler to "as" instead of "ias" inside the file build/linux.gcc.inc. Because the "as" assembler is available in my system and "ias" is not available. It is working now and i am able to compile and build the TBB code. Please let me know, if anything is wrong here.

-Thiru

Using 'as' instead of 'ias' shoudl be fine. Actually, the most recent developer update already contains this fix. Some other issues seen on some Linux IA64 systems were also fixed there; so consider taking this snapshot.

0 Kudos