Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

VC++ 2008 Express

uj
Beginner

Can I use TBB with VC++ 2008 Express?

I've downloaded the Commersial Alligned Version of TBB. My application compiles and links. Upon start it asks formsvcp80.dlland msvcp90.dll soI've supplied those in my Release library. But thenI get an R6034 runtime error which seems to be some kind of manifest problem.

The generated manifest contains this reference

name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT"

whichItake to be related to the msvcp90.dll. This dll is also the onlyone of the twodlls thatis actually distributed with VC++ 2008 Express. Could this be the cause of the problem. That msvcp80.dll is required by TBB but is notconsidered in the manifest?

How should I best proceed here? Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
There is support for VS.NET 2008 in the TBB Development release, most changes having been inserted into the December updates with some minoradditional fixes in the 080207 update. Unfortunately, there has not yet been a Commercial Aligned release that incorporates those fixes. Until that release happens, you may have to invest a little more time to download the latest source release and build the libraries yourself. Those changes will be incorporated in the next commercial release, which should be happening soon, though I don't have a date for it.
0 Kudos
uj
Beginner

So right now there are no binaries available of arelease that can handle VS.NET 2008, but there will bein the not too distant future? Okay then I'll wait for the new binariesand study the TBB book in the meantime. -:)

Well, Iguess the nextTBB version will be release shortly after the commersial version of VS.NET 2008is released, but will TBB also support the free Express version?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
Finished studying the TBB book yet? (;-) I knew the nextcommercial aligned release was imminent, but I didn't know it was a matter of hours away. The TBB 2.0 update 2 commercial aligned release has just beenposted. I haven't tried Express so I can't give you any hints how it will run there. Give it a try and let us all know.
0 Kudos
uj
Beginner

What a difference a day makes!

I've tried the tbb20_017oss binaries with VC++ 2008 Express and it works fine. The proper system dlls are loaded automagically from the Windowswinsxs library as they should.

Well, now its only all the rest left and I guess theTBB book will come in handy still. -:)

PS. I first couldn't unzip the download files but this free ZipGenius utility did the trick,

http://www.zipgenius.it/eng/index.php

0 Kudos
bokee
Beginner
Hello ,uj
I've a similar problem with you.I use VC 2008 Express and stable release TBB

My .exe file crashed because of R6034 runtime error,said

An application made an attempt to load the C runtime lirary incorrectly

Could you tell me How you solve it? I expect you reply!
0 Kudos