Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2466 Discussions

errors in using tbb.dll to make standalone program with matlab 2013b

Yubo_T_
Beginner

Hi,

I was using matlab 2013b and Matlab Compiler Runtime 2013b to make a standalone program. Matlab can successfully generate an executable but when I run it I got "The procedure entry point ?deallocate_via_handler_v3@internal@tbb@@YAXPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library tbb.dll." I tried different codes and got the same error. My operating system is Windows 7 professional. I tried both 32 bit and 64 bit matlab and MCR but none of them worked out.

I contacted Matlab technicians and was told that "There are known problems/errors/bugs/issues with tbb.DLL and the MATLAB R2013b compiler, at least for the Image Acquisition Toolbox". What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

what is the file version of tbb.dll? it looks the program found older version of tbb.dll than needed.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Yubo_T_
Beginner

Thanks for the message Vladimir. I checked the tbb.dll file in the system32 folder, and the version is 2.1.2009.325. Looks like it's the 2009 version. Is there a newer version I can use?

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

you can try even the latest version 4.2 update 2 https://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/download#stable-releases

we are trying to keep backward compatibility starting version 2.1.  

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
Yubo_T_
Beginner

Sorry for the naïve question but I'm really new to this... how should I install this?

I tried to put the tbb.dll in the system32 folder. I renamed the original one I have so I assume the new one is working now? I tried tbb.dll in different vc9-11 folders, both 32 and 64-bit, but I always get the same error.

0 Kudos