Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

gauss elimination problem

dineshparallel
Beginner

how to implement the guass elimination(direct method i.e., converting into upper tirangular). if possible provide the code to me. When i try to implement in parallel after successful compilation and entering matrix i am getting the results incorrect compared to serial.The correct results are getting only when the input matrix size is equal to the grain size. The code is implemented by using parallel_for and blocked_range2d.

What is the relation between input matrix size and grain size?

if input matrix size and grain size are equal it consuming more time than serial time.

Please suggest solution.If u r intrested i send the code to u.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RafSchietekat
Valued Contributor III

Are you trying to run the outer loop in parallel, perhaps? I don't see a problem with a serialupper-row iteration that nests a parallel lower-row elimination, in terms of correctness anyway. I suppose that somebody may have come up with something more efficient than that, taking considerations like cacheusage into account (TBB normally favours parallelism in the outer loop for a reason), but this seems quite straightforward as an initial approach.

0 Kudos