Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

installation problem on mac

corto
Beginner
Hello, i got the tbb stable release (the source files) v4 and built it on a mac but i can't run the examples. When i try to execute make in an example I get this message:

sub_string_finder.cpp:32:30: error: tbb/parallel_for.h: No such file or directory
sub_string_finder.cpp:33:31: error: tbb/blocked_range.h: No such file or directory
sub_string_finder.cpp:32:30: error: tbb/parallel_for.h: No such file or directorysub_string_finder.cpp:33:31: error: tbb/blocked_range.h: No such file or directory
this must be of a path problem that gcc can't link the right libraries , isn't it ? ?
pls help
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890
hello corto,
the log shows that the tbb environment was not set.
did you source tbbvars.sh file?
--Vladimir
0 Kudos
corto
Beginner
Actually I did make on the tbb40_20111130oss directory that I downloaded from the site. As I checked the tbbvars.sh file is configured right .
Here is the file :

export TBBROOT="/Users/******/Documents/tbb/tbb40_20111130oss" #

tbb_bin="/Users/******/Documents/tbb/tbb40_20111130oss/build/macos_intel64_gcc_cc4.2.1_os10.7.2_release" #

if [ -z "$CPATH" ]; then #

export CPATH="${TBBROOT}/include" #

else #

export CPATH="${TBBROOT}/include:$CPATH" #

fi #

if [ -z "$LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then #

export LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}" #

else #

export LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}:$LIBRARY_PATH" #

fi #

if [ -z "$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then #

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}" #

else #

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" #

fi #

Despite this I still get the message : tbb is not a namespace and that g++ can't find the right headers.

In addition when I run with the xcode i get tha -lttb can't be identified as a library

0 Kudos