Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

installation problem on mac

corto
Beginner
Hello, i got the tbb stable release (the source files) v4 and built it on a mac but i can't run the examples. When i try to execute make in an example I get this message:

sub_string_finder.cpp:32:30: error: tbb/parallel_for.h: No such file or directory
sub_string_finder.cpp:33:31: error: tbb/blocked_range.h: No such file or directory
sub_string_finder.cpp:32:30: error: tbb/parallel_for.h: No such file or directorysub_string_finder.cpp:33:31: error: tbb/blocked_range.h: No such file or directory
this must be of a path problem that gcc can't link the right libraries , isn't it ? ?
pls help
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_P_Intel2
hello corto,
the log shows that the tbb environment was not set.
did you source tbbvars.sh file?
--Vladimir
corto
Beginner
Actually I did make on the tbb40_20111130oss directory that I downloaded from the site. As I checked the tbbvars.sh file is configured right .
Here is the file :

export TBBROOT="/Users/******/Documents/tbb/tbb40_20111130oss" #

tbb_bin="/Users/******/Documents/tbb/tbb40_20111130oss/build/macos_intel64_gcc_cc4.2.1_os10.7.2_release" #

if [ -z "$CPATH" ]; then #

export CPATH="${TBBROOT}/include" #

else #

export CPATH="${TBBROOT}/include:$CPATH" #

fi #

if [ -z "$LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then #

export LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}" #

else #

export LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}:$LIBRARY_PATH" #

fi #

if [ -z "$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" ]; then #

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}" #

else #

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${tbb_bin}:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH" #

fi #

Despite this I still get the message : tbb is not a namespace and that g++ can't find the right headers.

In addition when I run with the xcode i get tha -lttb can't be identified as a library