Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

tbb_debug.dll

mblizz
Beginner

I am just trying out TBB and I am wondering, Is it always necessary to put to the environment path where the tbb_debug.dll is or to put the tbb_debug.dll in the relative path where the .exe file I compiled to run the .exe? Because when I tried to run the .exe file in a different computer without the tbb_debug.dll, I prompted an error saying that this dll is not found.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_Vyukov
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - mblizz

I am just trying out TBB and I am wondering, Is it always necessary to put to the environment path where the tbb_debug.dll is or to put the tbb_debug.dll in the relative path where the .exe file I compiled to run the .exe? Because when I tried to run the .exe file in a different computer without the tbb_debug.dll, I prompted an error saying that this dll is not found.

Yes. tbb_debug.dll or tbb.dll depending on build configuration. Like any other dll you are using. For example, if you are using dynamic run-time, you have to distribute run-time with your program, because probably it is not installed on target machine.

Well, the other option is to link TBB statically... however it is not official feature.

0 Kudos