Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

tbb_debug.dll

mblizz
Beginner

I am just trying out TBB and I am wondering, Is it always necessary to put to the environment path where the tbb_debug.dll is or to put the tbb_debug.dll in the relative path where the .exe file I compiled to run the .exe? Because when I tried to run the .exe file in a different computer without the tbb_debug.dll, I prompted an error saying that this dll is not found.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dmitry_Vyukov
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - mblizz

I am just trying out TBB and I am wondering, Is it always necessary to put to the environment path where the tbb_debug.dll is or to put the tbb_debug.dll in the relative path where the .exe file I compiled to run the .exe? Because when I tried to run the .exe file in a different computer without the tbb_debug.dll, I prompted an error saying that this dll is not found.

Yes. tbb_debug.dll or tbb.dll depending on build configuration. Like any other dll you are using. For example, if you are using dynamic run-time, you have to distribute run-time with your program, because probably it is not installed on target machine.

Well, the other option is to link TBB statically... however it is not official feature.