Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander

AMT help

BNack
Beginner

I've tried 2 POSTs since I joined this morning but none of them are showing up. I hope this one does.

I am using WebUI to test a computer (client) for basic AMT functionality. When I power the client down using WebUI, the client powers down without closing Windows properly and I can no longer connect to the client machine using WebUI. If I power down the client locally, then Windows, of course, closes correctly and this system powers down normally. I can then connect using WebUI and power the machine on.

Any ideas of what I may have configured wrong in the ME AMT setup? I am not an IT guru or network admin so I am guessing at some of the settings.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IT_C_Intel
Employee

Postings do not show up until they are approved by the moderator. The postings are moderated each weekday between 8am and 5pm Pacific Time. Posting on the weekends will show up on Monday. The guidelines for approving the postings are in the Terms of Use.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have followed your document "Finding Itel AMT capable machines with scs7 and sccm v1.1.pdf" in order to gather an insight into how much of our estate currently supports or doesn't support Intel AMT management. After following this document and setting up the MOF's and rolling out the configuration tool to some test clients I am unable to see several class attributes in sccm resource explorer such as 'isAMTconfigured' and 'isAMTenabledinbios'. I have checked the SQL database for the view in question and it also does not show several attributes. I have looked at the computer and its values for these in the registry are null. Your initial query in the aforementioned pdf document shows how to set up a collection to display the non-amt clients by querying the 'isamtconfigured' attribute, but it does not exist in the sccm class to query.

What is wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BNack
Beginner

Thank you Adolfo. I will take a look at the documentation.

Regards,

AtlPackFan

0 Kudos
BNack
Beginner

Hi Again,

Can't find anything. Everything else appears to be working...KVM, SOL IDR. And I can start and stop the computer using a management console I downloaded. I just can't restart from WebUI.

I will keep looking but at this point I'm not super worried about.

0 Kudos