Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

AMT provisioning within WINPE - Has anyone successfully done it?

Jools86
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

My company wants to be able to access failed builds via AMT.

This means I need to get AMT provisioned during WINPE stage of a build.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Issues I have seen:

• LMS Service wont install 
  • Intel_ME WMI provider wont install
  • EMA Agent pumps out spurious errors that dont explain what is wrong
    • i.e. socket errors or cryptographic errors with no hint as to what they actually mean (root cause wise).

If its not really possible, then I am fine with that. Just want a steer to present to my company.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Jools86,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Both AMT and EMA are meant to be provisioned with already deployed systems, meaning systems that already have an OS; therefore, an option to do the provisioning of a system while using WINPE won’t be an option in this case. However, we have had instances where customers have been able to un-provisioned a system while using WINPE using Mesh commander, so in other words, they might be able to provide a way to do the AMT provisioning while being in a WINPE environment. Feel free to contact them directly with the information found in the link below.

Contact Information

https://www.meshcommander.com/contact-information   

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Jools86,

Both AMT and EMA are meant to be provisioned with already deployed systems, meaning systems that already have an OS; therefore, an option to do the provisioning of a system while using WINPE won’t be an option in this case. However, we have had instances where customers have been able to un-provisioned a system while using WINPE using Mesh commander, so in other words, they might be able to provide a way to do the AMT provisioning while being in a WINPE environment. Feel free to contact them directly with the information found in the link below.

Contact Information

https://www.meshcommander.com/contact-information   

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Jools86
New Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation it is not officially supported Victor. I will stop trying to crack this nut. :).

One main issue is Provisioning during WINPE will mean PC has a different NETBIOS name, as MeshCommander looks up IP from hostname I cannot imagine this would really work anyway.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Jools86,

We are glad to know that you've found our information helpful. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos