Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

AMT unreachable when powering off...

JMell10
Beginner

Hi everyone, the issue is exactly as the title says.

I have a GA-Q270M-D3H with ME v11.8.50.3425. AMT WebUI, KVM and everything else is working when the computer is turned on.

As soon as I turn it off AMT goes away. No response on ping and no WebUI either. This is a linux system so I haven't used any Intel GUI tools to configure so everything was configured by using MEBx menu.

The power control is configured for: <Desktop: ON in S0, ME Wake in S3, S4-5>, idle timeout: 65535. IP is static and different from the OS. The hostname is dedicated to AMT. I can ping the hostname so DNS resolution is working, but If I turn off the computer (AC connected) everything goes away. I can see some activity on one NIC led indicating a 10Mbps link and ready for Wake on Lan which by the way is working without any issues. 

Any ideas? Suggestions? I'm all ears :).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello JMell10,

Can you please let us know how many systems are you having this problem?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JMell10
Beginner

Hi Sergio, at the moment just one. We have an automation project and we're preparing a POC, this system was provided by the customer. Since my last post I updated ME to 11.8.65.3590 version and the issue persists.

Is there any way to keep AMT "ON" permanently?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JMell10
Beginner

Anyone?

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello JMell10,

Thank you for the additional information, we are going to check on your case and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello JMell10,

We just sent you an email requesting more additional information so we can further assist you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos