Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2910 Discussions

About Password Lists

M_T11
Beginner

In the Security Setteings of the EMA Management Console, you will find an item called “Password Disallowed List Checking”. (the item at the bottom of the capture below).
I believe that when this item is enabled, the passwords listed in the specified password list file will not be available.
I would appreciate it if you could correct me if I am mistaken.
If this is correct, please tell us in which directory on the EMA server the file containing the password list is stored.

passwordlist.PNG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Arun_Intel1
Employee

Hi M_T11,

Greetings!

We see that you are looking for the directory where the list of passwords are stored, please find the plan of action for the same.

Please go to EMA installer>Advance Mode>Actions> There are 2 options Download and Upload Disallowed password list, after pressing the option 1 of the options, the software would give you an option to save the list.

Kindly execute the plan of action shared above and share your observation.

Best Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos
M_T11
Beginner

Thank you for your response.

We will confirm it according to the procedure you received.

At the same time, I would like to check, but is the directory where the password list is saved specified by the user?
Or will it be stored in the default directory?
In the latter case, I would like to know the directory path.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello 智貴 三浦,

I hope you're doing well.

Please note that there isn't a default path for downloading the disallowed password list in the Intel EMA software. When you click to download the list, you'll be prompted to select the desired location manually.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos
Arun_Intel1
Employee

Hello 智貴 三浦,

Greetings!

This is a first follow up, please feel free to revert for any further queries.

Best Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos