I have purchased 3 DN2820FYKH NUC 1 of which was DOA of the other 2 they are proving hard to configure and use. On one I installed Mint 17.1, then lubuntu, then kodibuntu and gave up none of these could access the Toshiba MQ01abd100 1TB AF512e HDD so I bought a copy of Windows 8,1 x64 and Windows 7 SP1 x64. On the replacement for the DOA unit I loaded win 8.1 with no problems,Icould access HDD from windows. I wanted to know if the other OSes I listed would work, I tried kodibuntu and again could not access The hdd from the OS, reformatted with Gparted to NTFS and tried Windows 7 and got BSOD with error BIOS not fully ACPI compliant. I received this error on both of the functioning units, one with BIOS rev 0034 the other with rev 0048 The BIOS settings I used are:
- Press F2 when prompted during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
- Press F9 to set all BIOS options to default values.
- Select Advanced.
- On the Devices and Peripherals > SATA menu,Chipset SATA Mode is set to AHCI.
- On the Boot > Boot Priority menu, in the Legacy Boot Priority pane, Legacy Boot is enabled (checked).
- On the Boot > Boot Configuration menu, in the UEFI Boot pane, OS Selection is set toWindows 7.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS Setup.
Proceed with the installation of the operating system.
which I got from the Intel Downloadcenter. If you have installed win 7 on this model NUC please post your BIOS rev number and settings.