Hi guys, just received brand new DX58 mboard and I970 proc, installed with antec TP750 psu, Radeon9870 gpu, 6gb corsair xms3 1600, 2x seagate 4750gb hd for raid 0 and an LG Blu ray dvd r/w. switched on the power and .....nothing. fans and hd access light comes on so power is ok (checked psu on other kit) then switches off for 3 seconds and then comes back on and stays on without displaying POST. Checked GPU in other kit all ok as well as disks and dvd, cant check the DDR3 as dont have spare compat kit, likewise the proc. Where should I start!!!!????
From the link below:
You will see that the board needs to have a bios version of 2127 if you have the processor with SL number SLBCH and bios version 3828 for CPU with SLBEJ.
So possibly it may be because of this as well.
Test to do:
Remove the memory
Does the board issue any beeps? If yes, how many?
Try to do a CMOS clear of the board.
Put back only one memory module
Change the bios jumper to the maintenance mode.
Boot the system with minimum configuration like power supply, graphics card, board, cpu, no hard disk, no optical drive connected.
If the system boots, you must update the bios to the latest one.
Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to remove the onboard BIOS Configuration Jumper.
Recovery with Formatted USB Stick
1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a formatted usb disk.
2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
5. Power the system on.
6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.
7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
8. Remove usb disk
9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
10. Restart system.
Note: these can be found on:
Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf
If it did not work, you will need to check the aa number of the board and sl number of processor to know whether it can be due to the bios update required.
From the http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dx58so/sb/e5829402us.pdf Specification Update:
Here are some board revision and bios version that it came with:
E29331-405 SOX5810J.86A.2127 Initial Production
E29331-501 SOX5810J.86A.2127 1,2
E29331-502 SOX5810J.86A.3044 1,2
Let us know how it goes.