Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

EMA - Hardware Manageability tab never loads

AndrewMcN
Beginner

What does it mean when an endpoint's Hardware Manageability tab never loads? it just sticks at "Loading...". I can log in to the web UI for the endpoint. I can use the Desktop tab for remote control.

I have endpoints that are fine. Some just don't load the tab or sometimes they work once and then not again.

I thought it might have been a version issue but even updating to the newest available ME firmware, the issue remains.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello AndrewMcN,

Thank you for joining the community.

Whenever the EMA console hangs at the loading screen it is supposed to mean that the target system is not reachable for any reason (usually been disconnected from the network of the power outlet). But, in your case the target systems are available as per you are able to access the WebUI. In that case you want to upgrade to EMA v1.5.1 (latest) where this issue is supposed to be addressed. You can download version 1.5.1 from here: Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

Alternatively you can try the opensource software MeshCommander for remote into the target system: Open Software Projects - MeshCommander

Please give this a try and let us know

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
AndrewMcN
Beginner

Thanks Jose.

It's EMA 1.5.1 that we're on. Just built with that version.

Also getting duplicate devices with neither properly provisioned and EMA saying they weren't provisioned by this instance... which isn't true.

I'm rebooting the server to see if it's just a memory leak issue or something like that. Haven't rebooted the server since installing EMA.

I'll see what I can do with Mesh Commander... does it provision as easily as EMA though? We have around 20,000 Intel-based endpoints. We obviously do not want to have to visit them all physically.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello AndrewMcN,

About the duplicate, this is a know issue with EMA that happens whenever you reimage a target system without unprovision it before.

MeshCommander can be used to remote into the target machines, but it is not a substitute for EMA. MC cannot deploy systems though.

I will look forward to your progress.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
AndrewMcN
Beginner

Unfortunately these are computers which were just provisioned within an hour of the issue occurring. The latest one to do this had just had its ME firmware and BIOS updated right before the issue occurred.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello AndrewMcN,

Thank you for your feedback. Let me check with our senior team about your issue. I will let you know as soon as I have updates from them.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello AndrewMcN,

The reason the Hardware tab is "sticking" is because you don't have OOB (out-of-band manageability properly setup) Are you using CIRA? If so, please follow this article How to Troubleshoot a Client Initiated Remote Access (CIRA)... (intel.com)

The fact that you can login to the WebUI means in-band is working. That is a good first step, now we need to get OOB working.

About the endpoints that are fine and some are not this can be for multiple reasons. Are they all the same AMT version? Same OEM? Also, they may have KVM issues, that is a little more complex to troubleshoot, do they even have OOB controls like reboot?

About the duplicate endpoints showing up this is a known issue and we are trying to understand how your environment is different so we can troubleshoot it. We know if reimage or wiping out the system before unprovisioning it will cause this and you need to eliminate these artifacts with the SQL script.

The latest one to do this had just had its ME firmware and BIOS updated right before the issue occurred.

Please provide as much details of your environment as possible in order to understand the big picture and be able to troubleshoot in the best way possible

We will look forward to your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello AndrewMcN,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as closed. I will try to reach you as a very last time on next Thursday 4th.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello AndrewMcN,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos