Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander

EMA server auth

Comfy
Beginner

Just to manage anyones expectations re my knowledge. This is a test server and ive (i think) only starting to scratch the surface of this platform so still learning. Ive got a number of issues but thought i would go (in the order i think) to get something working.

As above ive got auth problems which im pretty sure are down to how ive got the servename and the url's named....

Just to give some overview of my setup.

1. Server is a member server on a live domain.

2. On building the server i gave is name a: ill call it "pas13"

3. The ema server itself has a different name. Ill call it "ema"

I can login to the ema interface on my own workstation using the FQDN of the servername but, if i try to connect to the ema site itself i get a login prompt when i try to enter my creds (ad creds) as if the password is wrong.

Is this something to do with a mismatch of url's - its still in test so i can remove it all and rebuild if someone has a better way of doing it.?

Got other issues as i say client side and within the ema itself but ill get to that in another post.

Many thanks to anyone that takes a stab at it..! as i say, im learning and got loads to learn so if anyone can chip in id be really grateful.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Comfy
Beginner

Just to add in the event viewer im seeing event id 4685 against the creds im using from my workstation to the ema server.

0 Kudos
Comfy
Beginner

ok - i now know why im getting the issue. Networking have restricted the server to just one DC in the DMZ. The ema server is broadcasting to all servers which it cant get to - so the question is, how to i restrict the server to look at the one DC only? if go to command line and type in set - i can see the logon server is one, that it cant get to....

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Can you please share with us the command line that you are using?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
Comfy
Beginner

Hi  - im not using any command line as such...ive opened a command line type in "set" to see my logon server and its showing as one that i know is not available...so the question was, was how do i force my logon server to be the one that i know is available?

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

We are currently checking on your question and we will get back to you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit :https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

Thank you for waiting for our updates.

To better assist you, can you please send us a video of the issue that you are having and also of what you are trying to achieve with the ema server environment?

We will be looking forward to your updates.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

We are following your thread and would like to know if you were able to gather the information requested in our previous post.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Comfy
Beginner

Hi Sergio

The issue ive got is the server has a hostname - lets call it us-server.domain.net

The ema instance is called ema.domain.net

So on my own machine i go to (in the browser) ema.domain.net and i get this error...

I use my domain account to login to see that error....then once in i go to "managed endpoints" (a laptop next to me) - powered up...click on "view" then click on "view desktop" and i get this error which im guessing is due to the mismatch when logging in...

The other thing that ive still not managed to get past is the onscreen challenge (on the target laptop) . In the AMT profile i created both a TLS setting and CIRA setting - both give me the same onscreen challenge.

Thanks for bearing with me..!

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

Thank you for the additional information, please allow us to check it an we will get back to you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

Thank you for waiting for our updates.

In order to continue assisting you please help us by providing the following information:

EMA logs from Server

[System drive]\Program File(x86)\Intel\Platform Manager\EmaLogs

Installation log:

<installer Directory>/EMALog-Intel EMAInstaller.txt

EMA log from the endpoint:

[System drive]\Program Files\Intel\EMA Agent\EMAagentlog

We will be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Comfy
Beginner

Hi sergio - is there anywhere i can upload the logs to? (i dont really want to post logs in the "open air") as it were!

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello Comfy,

I am going to send you a private email, so you can provide us with logs.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Comfy
Beginner

Hi Sergio - not recevied an email from you yet!

Cheers.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Comfy,

I am just replying to this post for documentation purposes. My partner Sergio replied to you on November 18th; with a private message and still working with you.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technical

0 Kudos