Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Failed trying to get Windows Cryptographic Context

JPxAnderson
Beginner

My endpoints won't provision. When I install the EMA client I get this in the log file:

[2022-01-25 09:41:58.403 AM] \Agent\MeshManageability\agent\core\wincrypto.cpp:250 Failed trying to get Windows Cryptographic Context. Last error: -2146885628
[2022-01-25 09:41:58.404 AM] \Agent\MeshManageability\agent\core\wincrypto.cpp:262 Creating new EMA Agent root certificate. Last error: 0

I uploaded my certs in an effort to get the endpoints to provision in Host control mode. Before they provisioned in client control mode without problem.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello JPxAnderson,

Thank you for joining the Intel community.

When you say "you uploaded your certs" do you mean your own generated certificate or a commercially available certificate from a CA? EMA currently only accept certs from 5 commercial CA

How to Purchase and Install GoDaddy* Certificates for Intel® Active...

How to Purchase and Install Comodo* Certificates for Intel® AMT Setup...

How to Purchase and Install DigiCert* Certificates for Intel® AMT...

How to Purchase and Install Entrust* Certificates for Setup and... (intel.com)

How to Purchase and Install Sectigo* Certifcates for Intel vPro®...

About the instructions on how to upload them, those could be found here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=31

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JPxAnderson
Beginner

Yes, I purchased the cert from Comodo. I attached a screenshot. 

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JPxAnderson,

The instructions on how to upload the cert are here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=31

You can also look at the 3rd and 4th video. It explains where to upload the certificate during the EMA profile creating

Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Video Series

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JPxAnderson,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. I will try to reach you as a very last time on next Thursday 3rd. After that the thread will be automatically marked as archived.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JPxAnderson,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos