Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2844 Discussions

Getting "Packet is not encrypted correctly or uses an old key. Last error: 0"

mrant-k
Novice

Hi,

I've gone browsing many posts on this site about this error, but I have not found a single solution that works for us. I have done pulling that cmos out thing someone mentioned in a post, done deprovisioning/re-provisioning/, uninstall/reinstall agent. None is working for me. We are running the latest EMA 1.10.0. Attached is client log file. Please help!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Mrant-k,

Thank you for using Intel support services.

I need more details of the configuration before giving you a solution. The version of Intel®'s EMA on the Server is 1.10.0.  Please provide me with more configuration details.

1- Which is the Server operating system, and where is located (physical or virtual machine)?

2- Did you get this error after updating the EMA software version?

3- How many endpoints are provisioned by the EMA server?

4- Please share the current AMT version of the endpoint.

5- Did you configure EMA in Admin Control Mode or Client control mode?

5- Share the EMA installer and EMA Server logs.

EMA logs from Server

[System drive]\Program File(x86)\Intel\Platform Manager\EmaLogs

Installation log:

[System drive]\EMALog-Intel EMAInstaller.txt

Look forward to your response; if there is no response to this email, we will send you a follow-up on 4/25/2023.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
JPxAnderson
Beginner

I had this issue with some Dell laptops. What I did that resolved the issue was update to the latest BIOS and I installed the latest version of the Intel Management engine components. Once I did that, the laptop immediately provisioned with CIRA active.

0 Kudos
mrant-k
Novice

Thanks for the tips. In my situation, it appears this issue only happens to relatively older laptops with 7th gen i7. It reports 8th gen and above just fine. 

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Mrant-k,

I hope this post finds you well.

By any chance, have you been able to gather the information requested in my previous response?

Look forward to your response; if there is no response to this email, we will send you a follow-up on 4/28/2023.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, mrant-k,

Intel® EMA requires endpoint machines with Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT) version 11.8.79 or newer.  Details on section 5 - Agent Prerequisites.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/646990/Intel_EMA_Release_Notes.pdf#page=16

Intel® EMA Configuration Tool helps us to gather the AMT version of the machine.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19805/30485/intel-endpoint-management-assistant-configuration-tool-intel-ema-configuration-tool.html

Installation:

Double-click the .msi file and follow the prompts.

Run:

a- Open a command prompt (alternatively, you can run the tool from within Windows PowerShell*).

b- Navigate to the installation folder (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\EMAConfigTool).

c- Run the command: EMAConfigTool.exe -filename XXXX --verbose

If assistance is necessary, please answer the question below.

Share the EMA installer and EMA Server logs.

Path for EMA logs from Server:

[System drive]\Program File(x86)\Intel\Platform Manager\EmaLogs

Installation log:

[System drive]\EMALog-Intel EMAInstaller.txt

Look forward to your response; if there is no response to this email, we will send you a follow-up on 5/2/2023.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, mrant-k,

I am following up on the case and wondering if further assistance is necessary.

Look forward to your response; if there is no response to this email, we will send you a follow-up on 5/5/2023.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, mrant-k,

If further assistance is necessary, do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

Miguel C.

0 Kudos
mrant-k
Novice

Hi,

The issue hasn't resolved. I'm still getting the same error. And Platform Manager shows "01:Failed PKI provoisioning: BB270779"

0 Kudos