Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Graphics Suggestion

KatyaNick12
Beginner

Anyone expert, I have downloaded an e-learning  application for my kids, it says the application requires an open GL 2.0. I am using HP Elitebook not sure about the machine model number. It is an i5 6th generation machine with 8 GB Ram.  What should I do about it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @KatyaNick12

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We do apologize for the late response.

6th Generation Intel Processors may come with different Intel® integrated graphics, for instance:

• Intel® HD Graphics 500/505/510
  • Intel® HD Graphics 520/530
  • Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 540/550/580

OpenGL* is also known as an Application Programming Interface (API) and all of the Intel® graphics mentioned above support OpenGL* version 4.6. PC games and applications often require a video card that is compatible with specific APIs, such as OpenGL*, DirectX*, OpenCL*, or Vulkan* and Intel Graphics controllers support a wide range of APIs.

We recommend that you update to the latest Intel Graphics driver to get full API support. For more information about installing the latest graphics driver on your system, see How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10.

You may also find the latest customized drivers for your system from the HP* Software and Driver Downloads website.

If you need further assistance or if you are experiencing an issue with an application and OpenGL*, please kindly provide more details about the issue, any error message, and run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KatyaNick12

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello KatyaNick12

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos