Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

How can i fix Authentication Error when trying to connect two Intel AMT systems via LAN?

JensD
Beginner

I have two PCs PC1 and PC2 connected over LAN.

On PC2:

• I have enabled AMT Configuration in the BIOS
  • In the Management Engine BIOS Extension i set a password, activated Network Access and configured a IPV4 and subnet mask address

On PC1:

• I have installed Mesh Commander, Intel Manageability Commander and VNC Viewer Plus
  • I am trying to connect to PC2 using one of these tools
  • After i try to connect to the ip address i've configured on PC2 i get an Authentication Error message. I used admin as the username and the password i've set in the ME on PC2.
  • Pinging the configured ip in the Management Engine gets a normal reply

Any suggestions where i went wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello JensD,

Thank you for joining the community

It looks like there are some misconfiguration issues either with the profile you are setting in MEBx or when you add the system in Mesh Commander.

When you setup the profile in MEBx are you enabling TLS?

When adding the system from Mesh Commander, are you in a network with Full Qualified Domain Names?

The following is taken from the Intel Manageability Commander user guide which is the Intel equivalent of Mesh Commander

"The Hostname is required, and is how Intel® Manageability Commander finds the system. This can either be a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN), a simple hostname (with no domain), or an IP address. If transport layer security (TLS) is used to secure the connection, then the FQDN must be specified for the certificate verification to succeed. This version of Intel® Manageability Commander supports TLS version 1.1 and later only. If the target Intel® AMT client system is configured to use TLS v1.0, then the connection attempt will fail with a “Timeout error,” as a secure connection could not be established with Intel® Manageability Commander.

The Authentication Mode field specifies the type of security used to connect to the Intel"

Hope it helps

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JensD,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JensD,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos