Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

How to set ME for AMT 7.0 ?

RBogd
New Contributor I

I know it sounds childish but it seems I forgot how to install ME for AMT 7.0

I also try to access MBEX from the BOOT screen but it doesn't work ... is it because the ME has not been installed ?

I have a Q67 EP motherboard (BIOS version 055) with i5 2400 vpro CPU

Thank you

Radu

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Bruno_Domignues
Employee

Radu,

AMT is not installable, it must be burned from factory.

Some OEMs instead of give you access from Ctrl+P, provide it by BIOS menu.

Best Regards!

-Bruno Domingues

idata
Employee

But on a Q57 Intel motherboard I was able to access it by CTRL + P

On the Q67EP Intel Motherboard I can't access MBEX with CTRL + P (system is set up for KVM via VNC Plus and I can connect remotely to it) but I can't change the settings for MBEX

Thank you Bruno

0 Kudos
Bruno_Domignues
Employee

What is the problem to access MEBx? is not available, is missing menu options or authentication failures?

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
RBogd
New Contributor I

I don't see the option for CTRL+P at the boot screen and even if I press CTRL+ P nothing happens.

Motherboard Intel DQ67EP with 055 BIOS installed.

PC is not in a domain. It's a standalone PC set up with static IP address.

I can connect using VNC View Plus to it using the KVM vPro option (it displays the red rectangle border once I connect to the vPro machine).

I remember that on the Q57 Intel motherboard that I had, CTRL + P was displayed on the screeen and I was able to access the MBEX options.

From BIOS, I can set up the AMT settings, the AMT password - everything is OK there.

Thank you

Radu

0 Kudos
Bruno_Domignues
Employee

Radu,

It's right! Not all motherboards provide Ctrl+P interface. Some do, some hide the Ctrl+P and you have to enable verbosity in BIOS and others integrate the AMT settings into BIOS, this last one looks to be the case of this motherboard.

I don't have a DQ67EP motherboard in my lab, but will must have the equivalent setting in your BIOS that you have using a motherboard with Ctrl+P interface.

Best Regards!

-Bruno Domingues

0 Kudos
RBogd
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
RBogd
New Contributor I

This screenshot is from the MEBx manual for AMT 6.0 (Q57 chips)

If you press CTRL + P or CTRL + ALT + F1 you should get to this screen:

But that is not the case with Intel Q67EP motherboard. I tried both combinations and they do not work.

Is there a reason why Intel didn't posted a manual for AMT 7.0 on this website ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Press F2 and enter to BIOS Setup. Choose menu "Intel ® ME" (in the end, before "Exit"), enter admin password and go to ME.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

on my DQ67SQ motherboard AMT was disabled at all. I look at the manual and then enable it by pins on motherboard