Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

How to use INTEL-SA-00075 Detection and Mitigation Tool Guide 1.0.2.116

JChan106
Beginner

I run "intel-SA-00075-console.exe -DisableLMS", it does not have any return.

How can I know whether LMS disable or not in script?

Do i need to use other command to verify the result?

Some user report that when they run detection tool, the tool show " the toll was unable to detect ME or SMBIOS information to assess vulnerability".

What does ti means?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MichaelA_Intel

joeslchan

Hi Joeslchan,

Can you provide the CPU models of the systems that you are referring to? Do you know if they are vPro enabled?

If you run the detection tool again without the -DisableLMS the tool will write to the registry. You can see the results here:

32-bit location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\INTEL-SA-00075 Discovery Tool\ME Information

64-bit location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432node\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\INTEL-SA-00075 Discovery Tool\ME Information

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
JChan106
Beginner

The PC information:

The INTEL-SA-00075 information

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

joeslchan

Hi Joeslchan,

Thank you for the information. Can you tell us what model Lenovo you are running the tool on? Secondly, can you send the other half of the screen shot? The ME information? Lastly, what language OS are you running?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
JChan106
Beginner

The PC's OS is Windows 7 Enterpriese 64bit

Can you tell us what model Lenovo you are running the tool on?

Model is 3392AV7 (Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 3392)

what language OS are you running?

Chinese (Traditional) Hong Kong SAR

intel-SA-00075-console.exe will save the information at registry.

Where can i find the more information about the meaning of the registry key?

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

joeslchan

Hi joeslchan,

can you post a screen shot of the right side pane of the registry from this hive?

64-bit location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WoW6432node\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\INTEL-SA-00075 Discovery Tool\ME Information

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
JChan106
Beginner

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

joeslchan

Hi Joeslchan,

I have escalated this issue up to the developers and will provide an update when I hear back.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

joeslchan

Hello again, I've been in contact with the developers and we need the following information from the registry:

Click on windows logo:

type regedit

traverse the tree to the following locations:

32-bit location - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\INTEL-SA-00075 Discovery Tool\ME Information

We need the values. You can provide a screen shot of the registry if it's easier.

0 Kudos
MichaelA_Intel

joeslchan

Hi Joeslchan,

We're still waiting to hear back from you. In the meantime, we have released a newer version of the detection and mitigation tool. Please run and see if you get better results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/26755/INTEL-SA-00075-Detection-and-Mitigation-Tool?httpDown=https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26755/eng/Intel-SA-00075%20Detection%20and%20Mitigation%20Tool.zip INTEL-SA-00075 Detection and Mitigation Tool

Regards,

Michael
0 Kudos