Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Intel AMT ACU USB Setup for multiple systems

luca21
Novice

Dear Community, dear Intel Help Center

I am trying to set up the Intel AMT solution for our IT-Support in our firm. I have already successfully set up Intel AMT on an HP Notebook and I am able to connect to it via MeshCommander and MeshCentral. 

So the next stage would be to distribute the successfully configured profile to multiple other devices. As I have read, this should be possible using the Intel AMT Configuration Utility. 

I have already created multiple profiles but there always is a message saying: "Note: These profiles can be used for host-based configuration only." 

I am pretty sure that's why I am not able to use the USB-Stick with the setup.bin file to distribute and set up Intel AMT on my other devices. Is there any way to do this or do I have to copy&paste the profile to every single device and set it up by hand?

I have already tried to create the setup.bin file and USB-Stick on multiple systems, but none of them worked.

Every bit of help would be really appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello luca21,

Thank you for joining the community

Since this is a new integration there are a couple options you can try.

1. You can explore the different AMT configuration methods available detailed in the Intel SCS user guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf#page=11

2. You can try the newer Endpoint Management Assistant software that actually replaces SCS in which the profile is shared in an easier way by generating an executable file called the EMAagent.exe

To download EMA go here: Download Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

For the EMA administration guide go here: My Document (intel.com)

Hope it helps

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello luca21,

Thank you for joining the community

Since this is a new integration there are a couple options you can try.

1. You can explore the different AMT configuration methods available detailed in the Intel SCS user guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf#page=11

2. You can try the newer Endpoint Management Assistant software that actually replaces SCS in which the profile is shared in an easier way by generating an executable file called the EMAagent.exe

To download EMA go here: Download Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

For the EMA administration guide go here: My Document (intel.com)

Hope it helps

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

luca21
Novice

Hello Jose,

Thank you for your reply. 

Since the SCS is being replaced with the Endpoint Management Assistant anyways, I will get the EMA for our systems. I think that's the better way to go, regarding long-term usage and support for our systems.

Thank you and best regards

Luca S.

0 Kudos