Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2886 Discussions

Intel AMT PKI certificate

VeeDub
New Contributor I

Hello,

Both the video and the documentation do not explain clearly what is the process to obtain an Intel AMT PKI certificate?

Is this a certificate that I can create myself? (my impression is that it isn't).

If not, what are the requirements for the certificate?

I've had a look at section 3.5.1 of the Admin and Usage Guide and I am not much the wiser having read that section.

If I need to purchase a certificate, which seems possible / likely, then I want to understand the certificate requirements so that I don't waste money or any more time than is necessary in obtaining a certificate.

The statement:

"The certificate file needs to have the full certificate chain"

Means what exactly?

Can I suggest that documentation be written in "plain English", with examples where appropriate (like in this instance), so that potentially complicated topics may be more easily understood.

May I also suggest that you have your documentation and videos reviewed by someone who is not intimately familiar with setting up and using EMA; so that you can refine your guides, before releasing them to the general public.

Thanks

VW

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VeeDub
New Contributor I

Hello Victor,

When I attempted to re-add the Christine-P3660 endpoint into EMA, it didn't appear.

I decided at this point that as I had experienced a lot of issues with EMA, I decided to look for an alternative.

I managed to find an installer for MeshCommander.

I was able to get MeshCommander installed and connected to Christine-P3660 with the KVM in around 5 minutes.

I've decided that MeshCommander is more suitable for my needs.

I do appreciate your on-going assistance.

However, I think Intel EMA is more "enterprise" focussed than what I need and unfortunately not as easy to deploy as I would have expected.

Regards,

Vaughan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
65 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello  VeeDub,

We hope this message finds you well.

Do you have any updates for this thread?

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
VeeDub
New Contributor I

Hello Victor,

When I attempted to re-add the Christine-P3660 endpoint into EMA, it didn't appear.

I decided at this point that as I had experienced a lot of issues with EMA, I decided to look for an alternative.

I managed to find an installer for MeshCommander.

I was able to get MeshCommander installed and connected to Christine-P3660 with the KVM in around 5 minutes.

I've decided that MeshCommander is more suitable for my needs.

I do appreciate your on-going assistance.

However, I think Intel EMA is more "enterprise" focussed than what I need and unfortunately not as easy to deploy as I would have expected.

Regards,

Vaughan

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello VeeDub,

Thank you for your response.

We are glad to know that you have found an alternative solution for your environment and we also appreciate all of your cooperation. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos