Intel EMA Installation error

luca21
Novice

Hello everyone,

I have tried to install the EMA Server but I ran into this error message:

luca21_0-1627980889111.png

This error message appears during the Platform Manager installation:

luca21_0-1627988841333.png

I didn't find any solution for this error so Ill just post it here, thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
luca21
Novice

luca21_0-1627981131447.pngluca21_1-1627981146104.pngluca21_2-1627981163787.pngluca21_3-1627981181551.pngluca21_4-1627981198159.png

Those would be the error messages in the log file.

This is an error from the log files, could it be possible that it has something to do with the firewall settings or anti-virus software?

luca21_0-1627991786718.png

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello luca21,

Welcome back to the Intel community

Could you tell what OS are you installing EMA on? Also what version of EMA do you have? The most recent one is version 1.5.0 just released on July 26th. The supported OS are listed here: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28994/eng/Intel(R)_EMA_Release_Notes.pdf#page=8

Will look forward to your updates

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

luca21
Novice

Hello Jose,

So the operating systems are "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC" and "Windows 10 Enterprise" on my devices. 

I have also tried to install it on the Client, but there it shows "Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation."

Does the server also have to be an AMT-aware device?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Regards

Luca

(Edit:) I have tried it on the vPro device but an error occurred with the SQL database. I will reach out to our database team so they can set up a working database I can use. If this works I'll let you know, thanks for your time and your help.

(Edit:) Are there any requirements for the SQL Server, because I couldn't find any and my colleague has to know how much data the db has to store and how fast that data is being generated. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello luca21,

Windows 10 Ent is a supported OS for Intel EMA agent (target systems)

The EMA server does not need to be AMT capable, just the target systems

Is this error happening during the EMA console installation or during the EMAagent.exe installation on the client systems? I ask because, as a stand-alone application, the Intel® EMA Agent can be installed on the following operating systems:

• Microsoft Windows* 7 (Intel AMT 11.8 systems only)
  • Microsoft Windows 10

Intel EMA Server can be installed on the following operating systems:

• Microsoft Windows Server* 2012
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2016
  • Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello luca21,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this ticket as resolved. I will try to reach you as a very last time on next Thursday 12th. After that we will mark the thread as closed.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello luca21,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Jose A.

rodma_10
Beginner

Hello Luca21,

I have the same problem with the installation intel EMA in Windows Server 2019.

Were you able to solve it?? How??

Thanks in advance.

regards.

0 Kudos
luca21
Novice

Hello rodma_10,

I have finished the installation successfully and the system is now working. 

However, this was about 6 months ago, so I am not quite sure what the solution was.

In my documentation, I have found a similar error message, but not the one mentioned.

Anyways, fixing this will maybe help, so here's what I've done:

During the installation, there was a message: "An error occurred during installation."

In the log file, I could find that it had something to do with the IIS AppPool.

In the computer management "Local Users and Groups" I then searched for the group "IIS_IUSRS".

Then I added the current user to this group and this fixed the problem.

If that doesn't fix your problem, have a look at your log files to get a better look at the problem.

Best regards,

Luca

0 Kudos
rodma_10
Beginner

Hello luca21,

Thank you so much for your reply but your solution don't work for me.

I will test to look log files and last option I will reinstall the machine again  with the software.

Thanks again.

Regards.

0 Kudos