Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2886 Discussions

Intel Hardware Shield & non-vPro chipset

AlexH24
Beginner
Hello,

As Intel TXT is not supported by non-vPro chipset / motherboard (eg. Z790), I believe System Security Report will also be unavailable.

I would like to know what else will be affected ?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AlexH24,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, if you have a processor with vPro capabilities you will have access to these Below-OS security features and yes they will be limited; however, how limited they will be will depend on the OEM of your motherboard regardless of the same being vPro capable or not.

Best regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AlexH24,

Thank you so much for contacting Intel customer support,

The Intel® Hardware Shield is exclusive to the Intel vPro platform; therefore, if any system in question is not part of it, it won’t be able to use the Intel® Hardware Shield below the OS security features such as the Intel System Security Report.

Additionally, you can find more information about the Intel® Hardware Shield below the OS security in the link below.

Below-the-OS Security white paper

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/vpro/hardware-shield/below-the-os-security-white-paper.html

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
AlexH24
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry, I was not clear and precise.

I am willing to use a vPro Entreprise eligible CPU (eg. i5-13600K) on a non vPro motherboard (eg. Z790).

According to the following answer, if a vPro CPU is used on non-vPro motherboard, AMT and some Below-OS security features will be limited.

link : community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Two-questions-about-vPro/m-p/1238063#M48428

I read its white paper but could not find out which features can function properly without vPro chipset.
For example, will Bios Runtime Resilience work ? How about other features that don't mention TXT in the white paper (eg. System Resources Defense, Firmware Guard, etc.) ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AlexH24,

Yes, if you have a processor with vPro capabilities you will have access to these Below-OS security features and yes they will be limited; however, how limited they will be will depend on the OEM of your motherboard regardless of the same being vPro capable or not.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello AlexH24,

We are glad to know that the information provided has been helpful. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos