Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Intel ME updates for q77 and q87 chipset systems not provided by Vendor eg ASUS ?

DHerm5
Beginner

How does one obtain Intel ME updates for q77 and q87 chipset systems not provided by Vendor eg ASUS ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KenF_Intel

Hi dhermanuw,

I assume you are inquiring in relation to one of the recent Security Advisories (SA-00086 or SA-00075)?

Has ASUS sent any communication to you indicating they will not be delivering an update or are the systems just not listed on their website? The recent security advisories impact a lot of systems and it's not unusual for manufacturers to inadvertently leave impacted systems off their lists of impacted products. If the systems simply aren't listed on their website, then I suggest you contact ASUS as a first step.

If you've already contacted ASUS, then let us know what specific models from ASUS are you interested in. We may be able to contact them to see what's going on (no guarantees, but we can check into it).

0 Kudos
DHerm5
Beginner

Yes we have contacted ASUS and they say that ME updates do not exist. We have subsequently contacted Intel Support and they have confirmed that ME firmware updates for Q77 and Q87 chipset systems specifically ASUS motherboard models p8Q77-M, Q87M-e and Q87T have been delivered to ASUS. Subsequent followup with ASUS has not yielded a response.

If you could follow up with your ASUS contacts we would sincerely appreciate it .

0 Kudos
DHerm5
Beginner

Hi Ken-Intel,

Have you heard anything from ASUS about these ME updates for SA-00086 ?

Dennis

0 Kudos
KenF_Intel

Hi dhermanuw,

No, I have not had a reply yet.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the output from our SA-00086 detection tool for one of those systems (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27150?v=t download here)? I need to double check the ME version on the system.

Thanks.

Ken

0 Kudos