Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2906 Discussions

Issue with Intel® EMA Root Certificate Creation

Hideo
New Contributor I

Dear IntelEMA Support Team,

I am attempting to set up a distributed configuration with an IntelEMA main server and an IntelEMA subserver on Azure. The first IntelEMA main server is already installed, and I am currently in the process of installing a second IntelEMA server. However, I am encountering an error during the installation process. The steps I have taken and the error message are as follows:

1. On the IntelEMA subserver, I created a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) file.
  2. On the IntelEMA main server, I used the CSR file to generate a CER (Certificate) file.
  3. I continued with the installation of the additional IntelEMA subserver using the CER file from the main server.
  4. During the installation of the IntelEMA subserver, the following error message was produced: “Error creating Intel® EMA Root certificate.” Upon reviewing the event log, I found the following entries that may indicate the cause:
2024-05-15 09:09:54.6563|INFO||7060|1|DisplayEvent - MeshServerInstaller.MainForm, EMAServerInstaller, Version=1.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=57d11e903ea1ca2c - EVENT: Information, Start creating Intel® EMA settings certificate.
2024-05-15 09:10:00.0783|INFO||7060|1|DisplayEvent - MeshServerInstaller.MainForm, EMAServerInstaller, Version=1.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=57d11e903ea1ca2c - EVENT: Information, Intel® EMA settings certificate created
2024-05-15 09:10:00.0939|INFO||7060|1|DisplayEvent - MeshServerInstaller.MainForm, EMAServerInstaller, Version=1.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=57d11e903ea1ca2c - EVENT: Information, Using Settings Cert: MeshSettingsCertificate-03F231CB.
2024-05-15 09:10:00.1408|INFO||7060|1|DisplayEvent - MeshServerInstaller.MainForm, EMAServerInstaller, Version=1.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=57d11e903ea1ca2c - EVENT: Information, AESGCM Master key created.
2024-05-15 09:10:00.2189|ERROR||7060|1|DisplayEvent - MeshServerInstaller.MainForm, EMAServerInstaller, Version=1.13.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=57d11e903ea1ca2c - EVENT: Exception, Error creating Intel® EMA Root certificate.

Could you please advise on the potential causes of this error and any possible solutions?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Hideo 

0 Kudos
22 Replies
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Hideo,

Thank you for waiting for our answer.

We were able to go through the steps correctly and didn't get the same issue. Not sure what is causing your "Error creating Intel EMA Root certificate", or how to replicate it.  However, it seems like a permissions issue.  Are you using the same System Admin account on both systems? 

That is what we did in our replication of your error.  Where are you saving the cert to, Desktop, Downloads or some other location?  We tested saving to the Desktop as Admin and that worked fine.  Where are you getting the CLI output?  We don't see your file name, what are you naming it?

We followed the steps from section 2.2.2 Additional Server Installation to 2.2.2.5 Upload Server Setting Certificate from the Intel® EMA Server Installation Guide.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=45

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MIGUEL_C_Intel

Hello, Hideo,

If further assistance is necessary, do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

Miguel C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos