Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Matrix Storage Console - Raid volume being checked for errors

idata
Employee

Hi,

Have a machine running raid 1. Using the Intel Matrix Storage console. From time to time there is a disk check that takes place. The message on the console is "System is functioning normally, A RAID volume is being checked for errors. Any errors found will be fixed automatically."

This check happens at the most inconvenient of times and it HOGS all my resources and renders my machine useless. Is there a way I can schedule this disk check ro tun at night. I cannot seem to find a way to do this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Any time I turn off my computer incorrectly, like when a program freezes and I can't get out of it, when I turn it back on, this happens to me.

When it runs on my machine, in Task Manager, it run at about 1% cpu power and 60kb memory.... this is like using slow dialup internet to download a 1 GB file.... its just silly, esp when it slows down EVERYTHING while it runs, even opening firefox.

It would be nice if there was either a way of disabling it, putting it off till later, or making it use more cpu power/memory to finish quicker then 2 hours.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the exact same problem. I have searched the internet and the intel forums and cannot find a solution to this. Every time this happens to me, the error check returns "no errors found", yet my computer has been essentially unusable for two-plus hours. It is amazing to me that no administrator has even responded to these posts, as this is a MAJOR issue as it creates over two hours of computer downtime!!

Is there no solution? Please provide us with a way to postpone the error check or pause it to resume at a later time. Thanks so much!

--dkoreski

Intel Matrix Storage Console 8,9 (version 8.9.0.1023), Windows 7 Professional (sp1), CPU = i7 X980 3.33GHz CPU 64 bit

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ditto. But sorry, no helpful answer. We had a power failure late yesterday and now I have to go through this again. It makes the computer practically unusable. Mine also likes to crash on 98%!

0 Kudos