Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2912 Discussions

Microsoft SQL Alternatives?

HoldenJolley
Beginner

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using a different SQL database other than Microsoft SQL, I know in the documentation that it states that it recommends Microsoft SQL, but it never outright states that it won't work with a different SQL database. Due to the extreme cost of licensing a SQL DB with Microsoft I was hoping that I would be able to utilize a different one, like Postgre as an example. Has anyone had success with doing so?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Arun_Intel1
Employee

Hi HoldenJolley,

Greetings!

We see that you are looking to use any other SQL apart from the Microsoft SQL due to cost criteria.

Sorry to inform you that as per the document that you have mentioned as well, the AMT/ Intel EMA supports only Microsoft SQL, as it has been tried and tested in our environment.

Best Regards

Arun_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Arun_Intel1
Employee

Hi HoldenJolley,

Greetings!

We see that you are looking to use any other SQL apart from the Microsoft SQL due to cost criteria.

Sorry to inform you that as per the document that you have mentioned as well, the AMT/ Intel EMA supports only Microsoft SQL, as it has been tried and tested in our environment.

Best Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos
Arun_Intel1
Employee

Hi HoldenJolly.

Greetings!

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance, we are more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos