Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Powershell Module multiple alarm clock timers

JRüeg
New Contributor I

Hi, we use the newest Powershell Module for IntelvPro (SDK has 3.2.6, module has 3.2.2) and new systems with AMT Firmware 11.8.55 and above.

When i set an alarm clock via the set-amtalarmclock Method it always overwrites existing alarm clocks. According to the Source file the script should support multiple alarm clock timers.

With MeshCommander in wsman browser I can see that the powershell module writes the alarm clock to "AMT_AlarmClockService" while MeshCommander writes to "IPS_AlarmClockOccurrence" and can set multiple.

Is there a way to set multiple alarm clock timers via Powershell, either via the module or using a WsmanConnection object?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JRüeg
New Contributor I

There is a bug in the powershell module. The local AMT version is compared using string comparison which results in version "11" being less than "8" and therefore the old approach is used which allows only one alarm clock timer.

Find and replace

if($temp[0] -lt "8")

with

if ([int]($temp[0]) -lt 8)

in the ps1 files of the module. Of course this will void the signature and you cannot use it as a module anymore. But you can import the files as includes in your scripts and set/clear/get the new types of alarm clocks.

Hopefully a next version will fix the error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergioS_Intel
Hello JRüeg, You can find information on how to edit the Set-AMTAlarmClock of the AMT here: https://github.com/Tulpep/vtul-powershell/blob/master/IntelvPro/Set-AMTAlarmClock.ps1 Additionally you can check the Manageability commander here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/Intel_MC_User_Guide.pdf I also going to check with our upper level support on your question. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello JRüeg, Upon checking with our upper-level support, you should be able to set the multiple timers https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/Intel_MC_User_Guide.pdf Page 18 Please let us know if you have any problem creating the timers. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JRüeg
New Contributor I

Hi Sergio

Set-AMTAlarmClock always overwrites the existing alarm clock timer. Even if I use different names. That's why I was asking the question of how else to do it with PowerShell. Can you create multiple alarms with this commandlet?

I looked at the Intel Managability Commander but it doesn't seem helpful to script creating alarm clocks.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello JRüeg, Let us investigate on your question and we will get back to you. Please let us know if you have any problem creating the timers. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JRüeg
New Contributor I

There is a bug in the powershell module. The local AMT version is compared using string comparison which results in version "11" being less than "8" and therefore the old approach is used which allows only one alarm clock timer.

Find and replace

if($temp[0] -lt "8")

with

if ([int]($temp[0]) -lt 8)

in the ps1 files of the module. Of course this will void the signature and you cannot use it as a module anymore. But you can import the files as includes in your scripts and set/clear/get the new types of alarm clocks.

Hopefully a next version will fix the error.

0 Kudos