Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Preparing MEBx menu then nothing

idata
Employee

Optiplex 780, I do Ctrl p and then I get the Preparing MEBx menu then nothing ...not even the password thingie ..........what gives... help, please ..thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jianjun_H_Intel
Employee

Can you get more details of the issue, like screen shoot etc. Or you can try to do a BIOS recovery to set everything to factory default for your BIOS?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

never mind, I figured it out

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem with my Optiplex 780. Afte CTRL+P , I alway get the message "Preparing MEBx menu..." then nothing happens but Windows starts booting. I tried several BIOS settings and the BIOS defaults but nothing worked. Please help me. Thanks a lot.

idata
Employee

I have the same problem on my Optiplex 780. After CTRL+P I can see "Preparing MEBx menu..." on the pre-boot screen and nothing happens but windows starts booting. I tried several BIOS settings and also BIOS defaults but nothing worked. Please help me. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Did you ever find the solution to this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Would be great to see a resolution to this problem. Looks like its happening to all the 780s

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Its not just with Optiplex 780s, I have an Optiplex 980 with the same scene and have read on a forum about Latitude E6400. The problem seems to be that Dell removes the MEBx BIOS from the system if we choose not to pay the additional $20 to them. Look at your order details, there might be an item like "No Systems Management MEBX Firmware Removed". Dell sales people would never advise you about Intel AMT while you are placing an order. Seems Dell prefers to increase their work if we choose to not to pay them the extra money by working to remove the MEBx BIOS. I am also stuck in the same situation and am hunting all around the web to find a way to install MEBx BIOS. I have found the way to put the ME firmware in the system, however have not found any way to put in the MEBx BIOS.

Please guys if anyone can help from Intel or otherwise, please help us put this MEBx BIOS on the system. I would appreciate any and all of the help on this issue.

0 Kudos