Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2833 Discussions

Problem provisioning AMT Version 5.0.1 and earlier

TKrem1
New Contributor I

Hello around.

We managed to set up our OoB Managment with SCCM 2012 SP1 on a Windows Server 2012 some time ago.

Now we got a little problem, perhaps someone can point me the right direction.

I can discover and provision clients with AMT Version 5.2.1 and up without problem but when i try to

discover a client with Version 5.0.1 or earlier i get a TLS handshake error. We found out, that the communication over port 16993

seems to be the problem, but the other clients also use this port and work great. The clients are in the same IP subnet, we checked

Firewall and IPsec-Rules but provisioning dosen't work.

I tried to provision with Intels SCS Console and the ACM_Configure but get the same error here. (Certificate Template was modified before)

Also Version 5.2.1 works fine.

Now I was wondering if there is a list with things that have changed between Version 5.0.1 and 5.2.1. Perhaps we can isolate the problem.

Normaly provisioning shouldn't work for any Client if it is a certificate or network problem.

Any help or suggestions?

Thank's in advance.

Thomas
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TKrem1
New Contributor I

Hi Alan,

thank's for the answer.

I checked the Certificates and Certificate-Chains but we already had the G3 Root certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities and the Intemediate Certificates were in place also.

Our Server Certificate shows the Verisign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3 entry as part of the Chain. (Picture attached)

I tried to re-chain the certificate following the instructions but that didn't work either.

I also tried a BIOS Update but with no effort.

Any other ideas would be great.

0 Kudos
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

Thomas,

Based on the screenshot you posted, it looks like your provisioning certificate is not the problem. AMT 5.0.1 has the root cert hash for a VeriSign G3 based certificate. What I would like to know is what your Intel SCS provisioning profile consists of. I'm wondering if you're using TLS and or Wired 802.1x authentication. If you are, what is your key size?

0 Kudos
TKrem1
New Contributor I

Hi Allan

we are using TLS authentication in our SCS provisioning profile.

Our certificate key size is 2048 bit.

To avoid kerberos problems we use a special provisoning account with a kerberos ticket size of

If you need more information please tell me.

0 Kudos
TKrem1
New Contributor I

Here is a brief summary of the solution if someone stumbles over the same error.

After some work with Alan Alderson and Mr. Pham from Intel we came to the conclusion that the AMT Version 5.0.1 Firmware has problems with the TLS certificates.

A low security provisioning with the Intel SCS Tool worked fine but SCCM 2012 can't provision the clients.

A firmware Update to Version 5.2.70 solved the problem in our case.
0 Kudos