Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

Problems with GoDaddy Cert and SCCM SP1 - cannot get a .pfx file for my life

SWood7
Novice

Pulling my hair out on this one. Just got a GoDaddy SSL cert to provision my SCCM SP1 client HP Vpro machines. Followed the SCCM help file instructions to import the cert in to the member server's (my SCCM site server) local computer personal cert store. This went ok. The next step was to export the cert to a .pfx file format for use in the SCCM OOB configuration. For whatever reason, the export cert wizard does not allow you to export to a .pfx format, the only allowable formats are .CER and .P7B. Is there any trick to getting the cert in a format that SCCM can use?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
idata
Employee

So, given that your cert issue is taken care of, can you clarify whether any of the documention you've referenced (Intel or MS) is wrong? If the help information needs to be updated, we (either MS or Intel) should do that as soon as possible.

Dave

0 Kudos
SWood7
Novice

Boy, I've really stuck my foot in it this time! The Microsoft docs are accurate and up to date. I should have rephrased my "concerns" in a better, more thoughtful way. I was hoping for a better description of what to do with external certs (i.e. Go Daddy) and just where to put them (local personal store, intermediate store, etc). I've found that there's no need to have them in the store - you just need a place to put them so you can export them into a *.pfx file. Nothing is 'wrong' or 'incorrect' in the docs, I just wish there was more detail in there such as my cert issue.

Thanks again for the help and support on my issue - everyone has made my vpro life much better.

0 Kudos