Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2849 Discussions

Q77 (DQ77MK) currently unusable for AMT/vPro

idata
Employee

Hi, I am currently evaluating the Intel DQ77MK Board for its AMT functionality.

I am currently extremely annoyed by the following:

1. No way to configure AMT via the BIOS or separate configuration screen (Ctrl-R etc).

2. Current (latest) SCS Console (8.0.13.27) prepared provisioning USB Sticks do not work properly.

Trying to provision in 7+ Desktop mode fails with the Error "DataEntry from an USB DataREcord is invalid" and then "USB Provision flow Error".

Provisioning with USB stick prepared with <6 desktop mode works partially (no power state control).

Reprovisioning with 7+ after 6 (using new password) works to setup power state control... but what a pain.

3. IDE Redirection is extremely slow. I was trying to setup Windows7x64 without DVD drive via AMT. The expanding files section took an hour!!!

4. # 3 would not be so much of a problem if I could just leave it unattended, but no, automatic disconnect after 60 seconds of mouse inactivity? And that disconnects IDE Redirection? YUP. SERIOUSLY!? Do you expect someone to sit there a full hour to move a mouse?!

5. After installing a DVD drive I finally installed Windows7, without AMT, only to find that the Link speed of the AMT NIC is stuck at 10mbps. Well no wonder IDE Redirection was so slow.

6. If I do anything via AMT the link speed is reduced to 10mbps and stays there until I do a full 30 second power off!! And I mean unplug the damn PSU kind off power off. So it has nothing to do with any OS drivers.

The above problems are extremely aggravating!

Are these known problems? Will there be a fix? When?

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
23 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

I was able to set-up and configure the AMT by using the Windows-Software "Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS)". In the archive, IntelAMTSCS\ACU_Wizard\ACUWizard.exe is doing its job fine.

In order to use this software, you have to install the Management Engine Driver. As far as I remember, I have installed version 8.0.10.1464, which doesn't lists our DQ77MK, but it works. At that moment, the ME driver listed on the support page of the DQ77MK was too old. But in the meanwhile, they released a new version: 8.0.13.1502 (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21300&lang=deu&wapkw=ALL(dq77mk) Download-Center).

By the way, there is a BIOS-Update available, too: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21540/eng/MK_0048_ReleaseNotes.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21540/eng/MK_0048_ReleaseNotes.pdf

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

May someone reply this thread to confirm the Q77 can provide the IP-KVM function ?

Including Remote power-on/off, remote installation, remote control (going to BIOS).

I am stucked in Q57 (DQ57TM) and I would like to know if Q77 is ready to go.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As all Q77 Boards when paired with a vPro Capable cpu they can provide remote KVM functionality using appropriate tools (like VNC Viewer Plus). As an advice please update Bios first with version 0049 in order to get " a visible way to enter MEBx".

You are good to go....

0 Kudos