Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Receive ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED when accessing Intel EMA endpoint 'Device Page'

neilbrin
New Contributor I

I appear to have a functional Intel EMA 1.9.0.0 environment, as I have a couple of Test terminals (HP Engage Pro AIO) [ME F/W: 14.1.67.2046] connected in our TEST environment and I can access items under; Hardware Manageability (Remote Desktop), Desktop, Terminal Files, Processes, WMI

However, on the Endpoint page there is a link available called 'Device Page'. When I click on this it appears to redirect my session to https://<intelema website FQDN>:8084/MeshR2TX/redirection/?RC=MRCAAEAAAD$$$$$xxxxxxxxxxxxx, but never gets there and times out after approx 20-30 secs and I get and 'ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED' in my Browser tab

I would like to know;
1) What information does 'Device Page' actually give me - as this will inform me as to whether it's worth persuing this answer

2) If I would like access to the information, then what could be the possible resaons for this error eg. connectivity, what are the traffic flows for thios communciations, what ports/protocols are used, etc)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello neilbrin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Once the endpoint’s Intel® AMT firmware has been set up/provisioned by Intel® EMA, if the Web based user interface has been enabled in the Intel AMT Profile Management Interface Settings, the “Device Page” link will be enabled to access the Intel AMT default web interface on that endpoint; however, as specified in our administration and usage guide for EMA, if you are provisioning with CIRA, then all AMT ports are blocked so remote connection is not possible since this connection to the client can only be done through the EMA UI; therefore, the error you received makes sense based on your provisioning method.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
neilbrin
New Contributor I

Thanks Victor - I'll test this fdunctionality out by creating a new profile and not having Web based UI enabled and then apply to a terminal and see if the 'Device Page' link is not shown

Regards,

Neil....

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello neilbrin,

We appreciate your response.

Please do and let us know if you will be needing anything else.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
neilbrin
New Contributor I

Thanks Victor,

I can confirm that by creating a new 'Intel AMT Profile' and not selecting the option 'Web-baseduserInterface' in the 'Management Interfaces' section, the 'Device Page' link no longer appears in the console.

Thanks again for this information.

Neil....

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello neilbrin,

Thank you so much for contacting Intel customer support,

We are glad to know that the information provided has been helpful. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos