Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Recommended Processor for Windows 7 Home

idata
Employee

What is the (minimum) base processor recommended for the home version of Windows 7? Or does it matter?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JLodh
New Contributor II

Hi Amossjr,

First of all, as I stated earlier, I must inform you that this community is solely dedicated to Intel vPro technology and your question here is typically intended for our Intel Processors community so in case you have any queries in future related to Processors, you might want to post them there in order to get a prompt response.

I have already posted an answer to your query in the following post: /thread/10833 http://communities.intel.com/thread/10833

Like I mentioned earlier my friend, there is no hard and fast rule however we do suggest our users to use THOL and also ensure if the OS/CPU are going to work together. Minimum frequency CPU that would work with Win7, it will again consume a lot of our time sifting through a long list of CPUs so it is advised that you post your requirements and limitations and we can look up the CPU for you.

Minimum frequency definitely matters in terms of performance.

Hope this helps. For any further queries, feel free to contact us and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you and have a nice day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

0 Kudos