Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Remote Desktop Problem when OS is booted

YBalc
Novice

Hello, I have an issue with Remote Desktop feature and i could not understand what causes it.

It works well on preboot environment but when windows logon screen is about to show up, connection is being lost.

I have just 1 display connected to vpro platform. as you can see on attached screenshot it shows like two displays are connected.

What could be problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YBalc
Novice

Hi Jose,

I figured out what causes problem. I restored my system with recovery media to be sure it is not about drivers.

During the recovery process, KVM features were working well but on the half stage of recovery, I got same problem and remote desktop went blank and there was 2 displays symbol again.

When recovery was completed and windows was ready, i unplugged HDMI cable (no display cable is connected) and connected through Mesh Commander. Now it works well without displayconnected to vpro machine.

vPro machine is not connected to a PC monitor but to Samsung TV. Something makes it pretend like 2 display are connected. When i connect HDMI cable, i lose connection.

Anyway, I was using this machine just for test at home. Not for professional purpose.

I seems like when i want to play with some features, i am going to unplug HDMI cable

Thanks for support. You may close the case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello YBalc,

Thank you for joining the community

My guess is that you are getting the black screen when the remote system loads the graphics driver. Based on the image you sent it seems like the system has 2 display outputs enabled, and remember that AMT works only with the Intel integrated graphics. Do you know if there is any discrete graphics card installed on this remote system?

I will look forward for your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello YBalc,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
YBalc
Novice

Hi Jose,

Sorry for late response, The system does have only one output. There is no discrete graphics. Today I'm going to update some drivers and test again.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello YBalc,

We will look forward for your updates.

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello YBalc,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
YBalc
Novice

Hi Jose,

I figured out what causes problem. I restored my system with recovery media to be sure it is not about drivers.

During the recovery process, KVM features were working well but on the half stage of recovery, I got same problem and remote desktop went blank and there was 2 displays symbol again.

When recovery was completed and windows was ready, i unplugged HDMI cable (no display cable is connected) and connected through Mesh Commander. Now it works well without displayconnected to vpro machine.

vPro machine is not connected to a PC monitor but to Samsung TV. Something makes it pretend like 2 display are connected. When i connect HDMI cable, i lose connection.

Anyway, I was using this machine just for test at home. Not for professional purpose.

I seems like when i want to play with some features, i am going to unplug HDMI cable

Thanks for support. You may close the case.

0 Kudos