Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Troubleshoot AMT on HP 840 G6.

JKuzi
Beginner

I am wondering about the Intel AMT support for my HP 840 G6. If im correct to support it 3 components must have be compatible: CPU (i5-8365U), motherboard (part - L62759-001) and the network adapter (Intel l219-LM and Wireless-AC 9560). AFAIK it is supported out of the box.

Problem with my laptop is that when purchasing it I chose Wireless AC adapter to be non-vPro. Now I have replaced it to the same vPro supported adapter assuming that the AMT capabilities now are supported. Issue is that when I open Intel Management and Security Status app it states that the Service Status information is unavailable whereas on different model laptops Intel AMT is listed as Enabled. So is the AMT enabled on my laptop? Is there other way how to test it out? I want check whether Intel AMT is working for my device.

Intel Management And Security Local Management Service is running just ok, no issues in device manager.

Documentation states that when status is Information unavailable, Intel ME FW has to be reinstalled (didnt help). Apart from that I have reinstalled the OS, have all the newest updates. Installed different Intel Management Engine Interface drivers/firmware, updated BIOS but nothing.

One other thing - it is not occuring now, but time ago when shutting down the laptop BIOS error stating that Intel ME FW has corrupted and needs to be reinstalled popped up.

Could it be that the motherboard or LAN adapter also is not supporting the vPro (different SKUs (couldnt find any info on that))? Can someone advise? Any additional information can be provided if needed. Asked this on HP forums, silence there.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKuzi,

Not exactly for testing purposes but you can try the ACU Wizard Installer contained in the Intel SCS software package. When you run it for a local machine it should throw an error message if your system is not fully AMT capable.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKuzi,

Thank you for joining the community

Based on what you say it is possible that your laptop is AMT capable now that you replaced the NIC.

Have you check if there is any option in BIOS to enable AMT or the Management Engine? Updating BIOS and ME FW is a good idea but if the option is disabled in BIOS then it still won't work.

About different SKUs you will need to ask HP directly.

Hope this helps

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JKuzi
Beginner
Hello Jose, Thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately there is no BIOS option there. Is there a software or something where I can check if the AMT functionality is available? Thanks,
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello JKuzi,

Not exactly for testing purposes but you can try the ACU Wizard Installer contained in the Intel SCS software package. When you run it for a local machine it should throw an error message if your system is not fully AMT capable.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JKuzi
Beginner
Thanks for the info. Im going to try that out. Have a great weekend! Jkuzi,
0 Kudos