Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Unprovision AMT Locally

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am interested in a method of unprovisioning an AMT device locally, either via the HECI driver, or through the Local Manageability Service (LMS) interfaces. There are situations where I am unable to authenticate to an AMT device, even though I am still able to remotely manage the system at the application layer. This usually occurs if the system was partially provisioned, but didn't complete properly, or something similar.

I looked at the unprovisionex utility, and played with it a little, and I've used it before successfully, but only when I knew the credentials to connect to the system. I was hoping that an administrator could execute something to initiate erasage of the provisioning data on a local system.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

The ability to unprovisioning locally does not exist with the currently released AMT firmware versions; this restriction was done as a security measure. Only local method for unprovisioning is to log into the MEBx (pressing control-p during boot) on the client and performing the unprovision from within there.

--Matt Royer
0 Kudos