Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2886 Discussions

Usage of Certificates

Hideo
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am planning to construct the following network configuration in an Azure environment:

Hideo_0-1717005061392.png

For the HTTPS settings of the listener and backend in Azure WAF (Application Gateway),

an IntelEMA certificate is required. Please refer to the URL below. Sorry for the Japanese.

【Azure WAF】 WAF を調べたので吐き出す 【Application Gateway】 #Azure - Qiita

For the certificate used in the HTTPS settings of the listener and backend in Azure WAF (Application Gateway),

which of the following certificates should be used?

Below is a list of certificates when IntelEMA is installed.

Hideo_0-1717001933880.png

Could you please tell me about the certificates created when installing IntelEMA, as shown in the image? Or is there any Intel documentation that explains the certificates?

That’s all. I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Hideo.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidBenedict
Employee

Hello Hideo,

I would like to inform you about some important aspects regarding the configuration and requirements for Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (EMA).

Language and Locale Requirements:

Currently, Intel® EMA does not support internationalization. Therefore, the operating system must be configured with:

English-US Windows display language

English-US system locale

English-US format (to match the Windows display language)

For more detailed information, you can refer to the Systems https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-server-installation-and-maintenance-guide.pdf#page=10

SSL/TLS Certificate for Authentication:

The EMA website requires an SSL/TLS certificate for authentication. This is essential for ensuring secure communication between the client and the server.

Vpro Certificate for Admin Control Mode:

If you plan to configure EMA in admin control mode, a Vpro certificate is necessary for provisioning. Furthermore, it is possible to validate the EMA website using the same Vpro certificate.

Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out.

Regards,

David Benedict

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Hideo,

Greetings!

I am following up on the case. If you have any questions regarding the previous response, please let us know.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello Hideo,

Greetings!

I am following up on the case. If you have any questions regarding the previous response, please let us know.

Regards,

Vijay N.

0 Kudos